A few questions for the children (and adults) on yesterday’s story:
The Lord is my Shepherd
Excerpt From: Susan Hunt. “Sammy and His Shepherd: Seeing Jesus in Psalm 23.”
“Jesus said: “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me” (John 10:14).
“He calls his own sheep by name” (John 10:3).
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep” (John 10:11).
Something to talk about:
- Why was Sammy a happy sheep?
- What does the name Samuel mean?
- What are some things Sammy knew about his shepherd?
- Was the sheep in the other pasture happy?
- What did Sammy do to show kindness to the little sheep?
- Who is our Good Shepherd?
Something to do:
Thank Jesus that He is your Shepherd and that He knows your name.
Or, if you don’t yet know Jesus – repent of your sin, and call upon Jesus to save you and be your shepherd.